Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Mom and I . . .

didn't really have an common interests. She was old fashioned, I was young and impulsive. She was giving and worked hard everyday, I was stubborn and got out of work any way I could. As the years have past though I find that we are more alike than I thought. Our laid back personality for one. We tend to live with the idea that you can be who you want and do what you want and please let me do the same. We love family and getting together for fun times, I'm sad though that I live so far away and can't make it home for holidays and such. So I build a family of friends where ever the Army plants me for a few years. I find myself repeating things my Mother said to me when I was growing up and I'm sure that she said things her Mother told her. I love that My Mom and I made it through my teenage years and that we have a great relationship today. She has been and continues to be a great example to me as look at my own girls, raising them and trying to do my best for them, as my Mom did for me. I love you Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment