Thursday, October 8, 2009

Handed down talents in my family . . .

Would have to be mostly in music. My grandfather loved music especially the hymns. Many of us have taken piano or other musical lessons. I took Piano for awhile and can play if needed, but it's been a long time. I do know that it relaxes me and when I'm stressed I really should take time out for myself and sit down and play through songs that I remember.

I can play by ear so I can hear a song on the radio or somewhere and if I sit down to the piano I'm pretty good at figuring out the melody although when you don't use your talents they become rusty and this has become rusty too.

I haven't used my voice in ages in public I used to sing solos in Jr. High and High school choir - again many years and layers of rust. But I can still carry a tune and dogs don't howl at the moon when I sing so maybe if I work I can salvage both these talents.

No comments:

Post a Comment