Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I think I always had a bicycle . . .

But I'm pretty sure most were hand-me-downs from an aunt or my older brother. The most memorable was the little yellow one that I wanted blue. We spray painted it, but I think we forgot to pay attention to the pedal area it was really hard to pedal after that. The only time I remember hating the darn thing was at the end of my third grade school year when we had two weeks where we could ride our bikes to school. A group of us rode over 3 miles from Hitt road across Hwy 20 (yes Hwy 20 before it got so busy) to Fairview school. I remember it well because I rode with one or two flat tires the whole stinkin way. I think some in the group traded with me a time or two. But I totally slowed the whole group down -I'm pretty sure we were late that day - and I remember hurting all that day at school, my muscles were pretty sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment